Welcome to v8.30 Patch Notes Update Page! Wanna know what's new in this update check out more information below:
Table of Contents
Never give up, never surrender! Bring eliminated teammates back into battle with the Reboot Van! Drop-in now and become the here your team needs.
For More Details About Reboot Van click here!
Buccaneer's Bounty Event
Avast ye mateys...Drop-in and arm yourselves during the Buccaneer's Bounty event! Test your skills in a fresh LTM every single day and collect your very own treasure in the form of in-game rewards by completing free Challenges.
- Buccaneer's Bounty Event
- A different Limited Time Mode rotates every day from April 10 - April 15.
- Drop-in and Complete free Challenges to earn in-game rewards.
- Increased the Spawn rate of Treasure maps for the duration of this event:
- Floor loot: Increased availability from .25% to .5%.
- Chests: Increased availability from 1.55% to 3.05%.
Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM with the jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only explosive weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Jetpacks are only available in this mode in Battle Royale.
- Reduced storm wait times.
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
Limited Time Mode: Team Rumble
- Increased Eliminations to win the match from 100 to 150
- Decreased the final circle radius from 20000 to 12500 to promote a more chaotic late game
- Removed one minute from first circle shrink time to force combat to occur sooner
- Increased chest and floor loot spawn chances from 80-90% to 100%
- Increased Assault Rifle spawn chances by 67% in chests
- Decreased Suppressed Pistol spawn chances by 75%
- Supply drops now drop two legendary weapons and two additional consumables
- Increased Compact SMG and shotgun drop chances by 50% in supply drops
- Decreased Rocket Launcher spawn chances by 50% in chests and 67% in supply drops
- Lowered Spike Trap drop chance by 50% (resulting in an increase to launch pads and campfires)
Weapons + Items
- Infantry Rifle
- Damage decreased from 40/42 to 38/40.
- Fall-off damage at maximum range increased from 26/28 to 32/34.
- Poison Dart Trap damage ticks will no longer cause the camera to shake repeatedly.
- All aspect ratios will have the same vertical FOV on Mac and PC.
- In the near future, ultrawide monitors will be limited to 16:9 in competitive game modes.
- Added separate controller sensitivities for building and editing structures.
- The Glider Redeploy item is now sorted to the right along with other consumables when"Auto sort consumables to the right" is enabled.
- Added ability to cycle Hotbar items while gliding.
- Hit markers are now server authoritative.
- Fixed sniper damage not causing damaged players to play a reaction animation.
- Adjusted how storm damage is applied so that players entering the Storm will have a set amount of time before damage is applied.
- The initial instance of damage will start 1 second after entering the Storm.
- Various level streaming performance optimizations for Switch and Xbox One to reduce cases where players see blurry buildings.
- Improved texture streaming performance and memory overhead on Switch.
- Improved performance for Traps.
- Improved performance of the Challenges UI.
- New separate in-air audio tell for enemies.
- More of an "incoming" audio tell that should give more awareness when an enemy drops in on you from above.
- Reduced volume of building audio loops while being structures are being built.
- This sound is now ducked by enemy footsteps and gunfire.
- Prevents unnecessary noise when lots of buildings are placed in quick succession.
- Slightly increased the volume of footsteps below the player.
- Increased volume of the landing sounds of enemy footsteps.
- Vehicle controls can now be hidden in the HUD Options.
- Added minimum and maximum values to the in-game FPS overlay and added the option to "Show FPS" on all supported platforms.
- Push to Talk
- Enabling the menu option for consoles.
- Defaulting the option to Off for consoles.
- Wraps can now be applied to most types of weapons, everything that doesn't fit elsewhere is now covered by a catch-all "Misc" slot in the locker.
- The health bar for vehicles has been adjusted to now display the health values of vehicles.
- HUD elements such as the menu button will no longer be dragged off the entire screen in the HUD Layout Tool.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented weapon fire from queuing for shotguns after switching weapons without re-pressing the fire key.
- Fixed an issue where if a Clinger is attached to a player and they entered a Baller that it wouldn't deal damage.
- Fixed snipers rifles playing fire animations twice per shot from the point of view of other players.
- Fixed grenade projectile trajectories lagging behind slightly when moving and rotating.
- Fixed traps not activating if a player blocks line of sight with a structure but then the structure is destroyed.
- Fixed Balloon sound effects occasionally playing when entering a vehicle without Balloons active.
- Fixed an issue with single-shot weapons not reloading properly while in targeting mode.
- Fixed Peppers not granting movement speed while walking.
- Fixed Minigun Rev Up/Down sound effects persisting after boosting on a Drift board.
- Fixed an issue with Ziplines after using a LaunchPad that could cause the player to jump higher.
- Fixed an issue with players getting knocked backward when firing the Pirate Cannon upwards.
- Fixed Pirate Cannons getting stuck in an indefinite horizontal rotation.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow not showing up with the Visualize sound effects option.
- Fixed an issue with vehicles shot by Boom Bow not playing hit notification sound effects.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow having longer than expected projectile trail effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Boom Bow projectile effects occasionally flying through enemies.
- Fixed a spelling error in the elimination feed with Boom Bow.
- Fixed an issue where players would incorrectly edit structure behind them when backed up closed to a player built wall.
- Players dropping in warm-up will not award eliminations if another player caused them to receive fall damage.
- Fixed Traps being hidden underneath certain floor pieces that don't completely align with the grid.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to spawning weapon drops.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to replay recording.
- Implemented a fix that should resolve cases of invisible characters after skydiving.
- Fixed a bug where all offscreen enemy footsteps and weapon switches/reloads would be silent when more than 5 players were nearby.
- Fixed a bug where the Boom Bow wasn't playing the correct vehicle damage notification sound.
- Fixed an issue with the friend list was always displaying a notification symbol in the frontend.
- Fixed a rare crash that was occurring when loading effects when viewing a replay.
- Fixed certain items such as gliders not displaying their count properly for spectators.
- Improved stability by fixing GPU crashes.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing touch inputs while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from using emotes while in build/edit mode.
- Fixed an issue causing items on the quick bar to be difficult to drag and drop.
- Fixing an issue causing players to get stuck in edit mode when entering and confirming edits quickly.
- Also fixed an issue where players could get stuck in edit mode when alternating between build/edit mode quickly.
- Fixed trajectory line for throwable items always being visible when using a glider on mobile.