- Last Update
- Post By
- : try-kimheng
Welcome to v8.40 Patch Notes Update Page! Wanna know what's new in this update check out more information below:
Table of Contents
Air Royale Limited Time Mode
Pilot the X-4 Stormwing in this Limited Time Mode as you fight to become the last plane flying! Complete free challenges to unlock brand new wraps as you rule the skies.For more details about this limited time mode click here.
The Brand New Infantry weapon has arrived into Fortnie Battle Royale.New rarities for this precise,semi-automatic weapon are available now! Find and wield the Epic/Legendary variants and deliver accurate fire damage.
- Infantry Rifle
- Added Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle Variants.
- Deals 42/44 damage.
- Can be found from Floor Loot,Chests,Supply Drops and Vending Machines.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Egg Launcher
- Everyone's favorite egg-themed Grenade Launcher skin is back!
- This is a visual only change for the Grenade Launcher.
Limited Time Mode: Food Fight - Deep Fried
Two teams on either side of the map.A huge barrier down the middle.Lava steadily rising up from below.Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot.When the Barrier lowers,destroy the enemy's mascot and then eliminate the remaining enemies to win the match!
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.Lava starts rising from beneath the map a few minutes into the match.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map.Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed,that team loses the ability to respawn when eliminated.
- Player should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers,fight to take out their mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red supply drops spawn at match start.These hold a handful of weapons,ammo,consumables,traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn when eliminated,keeping their inventory&dropping some ammo and resources.
- 100 percent extra resources are gained from farming.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 30 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.
- A small amount of free building materials are granted to each player everyday second.
- The restaurant are now much higher,requiring players to build up to them.
- May the best food win!
- You can now pet the dog,.... and other pets!
- The Battle Pass Friend XP Bonus has been upgraded!
- Instead of giving a small XP boost to each friend in your party,you now get a larger XP Boosts for partying with one or more friends.
- The overall total XP Bonus remains the same (120%) and will now be much easier to keep active.
- In short,play any match with any number of friends and you will be getting the same amount of XP as someone who's been playing with a full squad of Battle-Pass-owning friends.
- Resolved a performance regression occurring on PCs with less than quad-core CPUs.
- If you are still experiencing performance issues on PC,try manually adding the "-NoRHIThread" to the Epic Games Launcher settings for Fortnite.
Art + Animation
- Increased the size and intensity of the Boom Bow explosion effect to better represent the damage radius.
- Adjusted the attenuation of the Reboot Van Cooldown and Reboot Chip ambient looping audio,so that it's not as loud.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Shotgun equip sounds to occasionally not play.
- Mimic! When bringing up your emote wheel there's now an option that appears if you are looking at another player doing an emote you own,to allow you to play the same emote.
- When hiding HUD elements in the options,some of them now collapse to free up the space they were taking up-the minimap for example.
- There's now a HUD UI option to hide the vehicle control hints.
- The Limited time mode Victory screen is no longer pushed out of place on mobile/Switch.
- Updated the Baller controls on default and custom HUDs.
- Baller controls are available to be adjusted in the HUD Layout Tool for custom HUD players.
- Audiovisual shot indicators will no longer display for players in the same vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 8 trailer wouldn't play in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the embers from environmental Campfires would linger if the floor they were attached to was destroyed.
- Fixed issue where Coconuts could not be pinged.
- Fixed an issue where turbo building could stop if you ran out of the current type of material you were using.
- Fixed an issue with traps being be placed inside walls,making them difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue with traps being placed inconsistently when auto-placed.
- Fixed 'Emotes' not playing when bound to specific keys.
- Fixed an issue when using 'Replay'last emote ' before using any other emote,so it now plays the emote in the default slot.
- Fixed an issue with the Android app icon being incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed an issue with Voice Chat while spectating.
- Push-To-Talk button is also no longer hidden while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where auto-run would not activate in vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the Reboot Card description was missing.
- Fixed an issue where the Arena overview panel was not displaying.
- Fixed an issue with the FPS counter being shown twice.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon icon would not display in inventory hot bar sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where textures would appear stretched when on a Creative Island.
- Fixed an issue that displayed a checkmark icon on certain commands of vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where second storm wall would appear in the desert biome during the first closing period.
- Fixed an issue where some chests could not be opened.
- Fixed issues where weak wifi halted gameplay an could cause some disconnects.
|New Skins:||New Skin in Fortnite Item Shop.|