Epic Games just released the new update v7.20 patch notes in Fortnite Battle Royale.
Table of Contents
What's New in this Patch Notes Update?
Warning: May cause cold toes. Chill your enemies to the core with this new item,it's a blast!
Mobile Controller Support
Bluetooth controller support has arrived in mobile on supported devices! Drop-in and earn a Victory in a whole new way.
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold
All things that glitter are gold in this Limited Time Mode. All weapon spawns are Legendary with increased material gathering. Drop-in now and earn that Victory Royale.
- All weapon drops are Legendary.
- Increased amount of materials received from gathering.
Weapons + Items
- Chiller Grenade
- The Chiller Grenade will knock players back, causing them to slide along the ground.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with the Chiller Grenade will slip around with icy feet/wheels for a duration of 7 seconds.
- Drops in stacks of 3.
- Max stack size of 6.
- Common rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Vending Machines.
- Cozy Campfire-Updated Visuals
- We've updated the visual effects of Cozy Campfires to more clearly indicate when a campfire is in use or burnt out.
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle.
- Burst Rifle
- Heavy ShotGun
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Suppressed SMG
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Suppressed SMG
- Reduced the drop chance of Dual Pistol from Floor Loot from 2.24% to 1.38%.
- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle-specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Edit Delay
- Re-enabled client-side editing improvements.
- These were turned off in 7.20 due to an input bug they were causing.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
- Fixed Sneaky Snowman's last charge breaking away right after applying if another Sneaky Snowman is present in a different inventory slot.
- Fixed an issue where the glider would auto-deploy closer to the ground than expected when holding glider redeploy from the bus.
- Fixed the X-4 Stormingwing's health bar occasionally not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a Sneaky Snowman if it landed next to them.
- Increased the amount of materials gained from looting Chests and Floor Loot from 20 to 30.
- Increased the number of materials received from Supply Drops from 40 to 60.
- The Guided Missile has been removed from Playgrounds.
- Removed the Spiky Stadium Supply Drop.
- This will remove the ability to loot the Spiky Stadium as well as Impulse Grenades.
- This was done due to an issue that was sending players back to the lobby.
- New Tournament Added: Architect Pop-up Cup (Solo, Duo, and Squads)
- Setting from previous pop-up cup tournaments still apply to this tournament.
- Within this mode,player-built structures can now be edited by any player regardless of team status.
- This is an experiment that we'd like to try out in this testing environment, but aren't quite sure of the full impact. We'd love to hear feedback from your experiences playing with this change.
- Tournaments may now feature leaderboards for each session, highlighting top performers.
- Participating in tournaments now requires a minimum account level of 10.
- Added a fuse sound to the Grenade.
- Show total party eliminations on the HUD if your team wins.
- Added additional models to the "Cycle Modes" list when viewing Wraps in the Battle Pass or Item Shop.
- The party colors have been restored to blue, red, purple, and yellow. To distinguish players in LTMs like Food Fight.
- There are new icons for non-squad teammates and the opponent icons on the minimap.
- Rotating the camera on the Battle Bus no longer has an oscillating/swimming effect on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue in the Net Debug UI that would cause it to show a ping value that was too high.
Art + Animation
- Celebrate Super Bowl Lill with new Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots uniforms added to the Fourth Down Outfit set. Drop-in and represent your favorite team!
- All players who previously purchased the Fourth Down Set will be granted these variants.
- The Streamer Mode setting has been replaced with two separate setting:
- Anonymous mode
- This will display your name as "Anonymous" to all players that are not in your squad.
- Your account info will still be attached to reports submitted by other players using the Player Reporting feature.
- Hide other player names
- This will display all other player names as "Player" unless they are in your squad.
- Neither of these sets will be functional when playing in a tournament match.
- Anonymous mode
- Mobile Controller support
- Android: most of Bluetooth controller adapter, such as Steelseries Stratus XL, Gamevice, Xbox1, Razer Raiju, and Moto Gamepad.
- IOS: MFi controllers, such as Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice.
- Disabled phone vibration if a gamepad attached.
- 60Hz on select Android models
- We are rolling out 60hz support (to be enabled in settings) on select Android devices. We have been working with our parents on optimizations and are rolling this out initially on the following specific models.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- HONOR view20
- Huawei Mate 20X
Weapons + Items
- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- This resolves an issue where vehicles could be damaged when using Balloons while on a vehicle.
- Aim assist now targets enemies on vehicles rather than the base of the vehicles they are occupying.
- Quickly switching to Traps then weapons on gamepads no longer causes players to shoot or swing pickaxes.
- Supply Drop balloons now take environmental damage, including damage from explosives or biplanes gun.
- Fixed instances of a free wall piece showing as placeable but not building.
- Fixed player cameras from becoming distorted when another player enters a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue where the magnet on the Zipline could be invisible on use.
- Fixed an issue where boost visual effects could appear while operating a vehicle near a Zipline.
- Players can now properly progress through and complete the Week 4 "Use an X-4 Stormwing plane in different matches"Challenge.
- Screens no longer shake uncontrollably after walking on icy surfaces.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to turn the X-4 Stormwing after hitting terrain/structures.
- Smoothed out drops in framerate that could happen with large changes in view direction and rendered character counts.
- Fixed emote music overlapping with lobby music depending on the way volume sliders were configured.
- Fixed issue where weapons were not equipping when double-clicking in the inventory after swapping their quick bar slots.
- Fix an issue where teammate's scores would not be displayed.
- Fixed incorrect elimination count information occurring in large team modes.
- Fixed player sorting order in the player reporting UI.
- Fixed an issue where some of the leaderboard UI could sometimes blink repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where the "Spectator" button in the Player reporting menu would only select the first player you spectated.
- Fixed an issue where the playlist selection screen could sometimes show an incorrect selection after leaving a party.
- Fixed a display issue with the item pick-up prompt that would sometimes occur after opening an ammo box.
- Fix lobby preview lengths of Pumpernickel, Running Man, Dance Therapy, and Hot Marat emotes.
- Fixed weapon animation playing twice for each shot fired in replays.
- Fixed an issue where camera/lens settings could display incorrect initial values.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to play an out of date replay selects another replay.
- Fixed players appearing jittery while using Ziplines in replays.
- Fixed Boombox music not playing when watching replays.
- Party invite Notifications will now appear when in the Game Mode select screen. Accepting the invite from the notification will take you to the proper game mode and join the party.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some party members to fail to matchmake with a "Version Mismatch" Error if a part member joined, readied up, and matchmaking was started in rapid succession.
- Fixed an issue causes players to be unable to build multiple structure types while simultaneously holding down the build button and changing build types.
- Fixed harvesting tool button no longer swaps back to the previously selected weapon.
- Fixed Multiple simultaneous button presses on mobile can disable the fire button.
- Fixed no padlock icon appears on the directional pad when locking with auto-run on mobile.
- Fixed Several UI buttons having lower resolution than the other buttons.