- Last Update
- Post By
- : try-kimheng
A while back fortnite team just ran a test for the glider re-deploy. There was a very split response on the mechanic which revealed some positive as well as some negatives. Epic Games just remove mechanic from default modes, but feel an alternative implementation will help in solving some of those negatives and better suits their goals.
The goals with this item is to provide mobility and utility,but in a form that can be balanced and iterated upon.By implementing glider re-deploy as an item we can iterate on multiple different levels.( redeploy height, movement, speed, drop chance, charge count), including inventory slot tension.
Quick overview on how glider redeploy will work in v7.20:
- The Gliders item will be take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you don't need to select the item.
- Each deploy will remove one charge,when all charge are used the item will disappear.
- Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-To-Go,and LTM respawns will not consume a charge,as these put you in the skydiving mode.
- The New Glider Redeploy item can be found in loot, chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.
What about Soaring 50s or other large team modes?
When you drop form the Battle Bus you will automatically be granted a Glider item with 50 charges,(this counts as being put into Skydiving mode which will not consume a charge of the Glider Item).